Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pregnancy/ Owen update!

I can't believe I am already 33 weeks! This pregnancy has flown by and it is starting to really hit that Owen is going to be here in just a few short weeks! This pregnancy has been a lot like my last pregnancy with Calla. I have had morning sickness since about week 7 and it has yet to go away. Thank goodness for Zofran! I have also had some awful heartburn like I did before as well. Owen is definitely more active than Calla was during pregnancy. I feel like he is just constantly moving and I love it! These past couple of weeks have been a little bit scary for us and we have been worrying about Owen a lot. At my 31 week appointment my doctor measured my uterus and I was only measuring between 27 and 28 weeks. I have also had some very high blood pressure readings at the office (not at home though!) He was a little bit concerned just because my pressures have been high, so we had to schedule a growth ultrasound and begin non stress tests this week. Well, yesterday Owen passed the non stress test with flying colors and we found out he has a normal amount of fluid surrounding him. Then when they checked his growth, they said he is measuring maybe a couple days smaller than what I am but he is pretty much perfect and on track at approximately 4 lbs 5 ounces! All of this was very reassuring for us, but of course there had to be something else... Little baby Owen is BREECH! :( This was rather disappointing seeing as my doctor was hoping he would turn by 32 weeks. So Dr. Kaelberer told me pretty much what my options are. 1. He says there is a chance that he will turn in the next few weeks. 2. If the ultrasound at my next appointment shows he has not flipped, than he will schedule me to have an external cephalic version between 36 and 37 weeks, which is where he will manually try to turn him from the outside (if that is what we want of course). 3. We will plan for a C-section. I am terrified of having a C-section, but I am also terrified of the risks that are associated with the version. So, my plan for the next two weeks... I think I will try some of the weird natural ways to turn a breech baby! Such as sticking my butt up in the air with my face on the floor :) I also will be having weekly non stress tests until he is born. My next appointment with my doctor is in about a week and a half at 35 weeks and we will see what Owen has decided to do by that appointment! Obviously in the end, Tim and I will chose what is best for Owen :) But I am really praying his will flip on his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment