Monday, June 4, 2012

Pregnancy/ Owen Update-- Getting Close!

So here I am, about 35 weeks and officially on bed rest. As most of you know, my blood pressure likes to rise significantly at the doctor's office, but be wonderful and perfect at home. Well, last night I took my blood pressure before bed, and it was about 126/88 (my normal at home runs in the 110's/70's). I had also been having some flashes in my eyes and a headache. When I woke up in the morning I took my blood pressure again and it was about 127/96. I went to my non stress test where my blood pressure is typically perfect, but every time it was taken today it was 140's-150's/90's. They measured my fluid and it is still on the low end of the normal range, but definitely not an issue, and Owen passed with flying colors! We also determined he was still breech, which I already knew. After my nst, I went up to my appointment with my OB-GYN. They took my blood pressure and lo and behold it was about 153/95. My doctor was definitely a bit concerned at this point when he saw the reading on the machine. I went ahead and went into the room and he came in and pretty much told me I needed to come back in on Thursday for another nst and a visit with him to see where my blood pressure is at. He said it looks like I will be having the baby around 37 or 38 weeks, if not sooner. Then we talked about the second concern, Owen being breech. We talked to him about the external cephalic version, and he really made us feel comfortable with having it done. We all decided that we should definitely get it scheduled and at least try to turn him. So my ECV is scheduled for a week from this Wednesday (I will be 36 weeks). We are really hoping that this will work, because he checked my cervix today and I am already 1 1/2 cm dilated and 25% thinned out! If this does not work, or we do not make it to 36 weeks due to my blood pressure, than we will just be scheduling a c-section. So for now, we are just trying to get my blood pressure to calm down and get Owen here safely whenever and however that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment